Sunday 11 August 2013

Workshop @ Jumbled with Emma Blomfield....

Workshop!!.......

I had the pleasure of meeting the gorgeous Emma Blomfield of Nest Designs when a friend and I went to the lovely JUMBLED workshop on Saturday afternoon. 
Firstly I got to pick her brains about a tricky room in my own home that I was struggling to figure out where to start what to do, and as I love colour but can be a little unsure of using it other than accessories, she helped me decide to "go for it & have some fun" with this particular room, just the "push" I needed. I have decided to share this room before and after with you all at a later date...
Secondly, I have studied Interior Design but it was great to be reminded and refreshed of lots of tricks and tips, I thought over the next couple of weeks I might share some of these with you all, so here goes.....

Forgotten rooms or areas....

*Hallways
*Laundries
*Bathrooms
*Pantries 


Basically these areas are typically "work horse" type areas but that does not mean they can't be gorgeous, colourful or quirky. I cannot talk as my Front Entrance/ Hallway is a little bland, I am going to work on that, so I hit "Pinterest" for some inspiration. Here is a few that caught my eye........

Gorgeous Geometric printed wallpaper and chair
I adore this wallpaper, and chair, together they have the WOW factor!!! This would be great for any area in the house, I think I am in love :)
 

Wallpaper in the hallway
BOLD Wallpaper which looks stunning!!!!!
hallway flooring
Simple, crisp and calming.....
Make an Entrance. A hallway painted in black and white.
A great DIY project, finding an assortment of frames or mirrors and painting them all the same colour......



My Home Tour: The Hallway
A collection of pictures photos and ornaments that are close to your heart makes a stunning visual display.....

Feel free to check out my Pinterest page for more inspiration, I am constantly updating my pinboards. Link below......
 
http://pinterest.com/idam83/boards/

No comments:

Post a Comment